Jason Kakaire, who stabbed five people in random attacks in Edmonton, sent to Rampton

0
38
Enterprise News and Pictures 26/9/20 Pic shows: Jason Kakaire, 31, of Cameron Close, Edmonton, north London, who has been sentenced to be detained at Rampton high-security hospital for carrying out a series of random knife attacks on innocent people which left one woman permanently paralysed. At the Old Bailey yesterday Kakaire was sentenced to a hospital order with restrictions after previously pleading guilty to five counts of Section 18 grievous bodily harm and five counts of possession of an offensive weapon. Kakaire attacked four men and a woman in Edmonton over a weekend in spring last year. His "reign of terror" had caused "immeasurable" harm, Judge Anne Molyneux told the Old Bailey. Kakaire stabbed Ayfer Bektas with such force that the knife handle snapped and the blade was left embedded in her back and had to be sugically removed. The court was told she will never walk again. The mum-of-two, who had been undergoing treatment for breast cancer, was walking near her home when she was attacked from behind. In an impact statement, read to the court, she said: “The physical and mental injuries have totally changed my life and will do so for evermore. It is not only the impact on me, but that of my family. “The knife attack has left me paralysed with the inability to walk. I will never walk again. It has left me with trembling in my hands and arms and I am in constant pain. “As a result of the stabbing I also suffer with tremendous psychological issues. When I go out I panic, I suffer with panic attacks. I always want someone I know behind me so that I know I am safe. “My husband has heard me many times to shout out “He’s coming, I am scared”. All the time I feel that it could happen again, that I could be out in the street and that the same person who did this to me will attack me again. I cannot get these thoughts out of my head. They dictate my life.” Ayfer Bek

Jason Kakaire, 31, of Cameron Close, Edmonton, north London, has been sentenced to be detained at Rampton high-security hospital for carrying out a series of random knife attacks on innocent people which left one woman permanently paralysed.

At the Old Bailey yesterday Kakaire was sentenced to a hospital order with restrictions after previously pleading guilty to five counts of Section 18 grievous bodily harm and five counts of possession of an offensive weapon.

Kakaire attacked four men and a woman in Edmonton over a weekend in spring last year. His “reign of terror” had caused “immeasurable” harm, Judge Anne Molyneux told the Old Bailey.

 

He stabbed Ayfer Bektas with such force that the knife handle snapped and the blade was left embedded in her back and had to be surgically removed. The court was told she will never walk again. The mum-of-two, who had been undergoing treatment for breast cancer, was walking near her home when she was attacked from behind.

In an impact statement, read to the court, she said: “The physical and mental injuries have totally changed my life and will do so for evermore. It is not only the impact on me, but that of my family.

“The knife attack has left me paralysed with the inability to walk. I will never walk again. It has left me with trembling in my hands and arms and I am in constant pain.

“As a result of the stabbing I also suffer with tremendous psychological issues. When I go out I panic, I suffer with panic attacks. I always want someone I know behind me so that I know I am safe.

“My husband has heard me many times to shout out “He’s coming, I am scared”. All the time I feel that it could happen again, that I could be out in the street and that the same person who did this to me will attack me again. I cannot get these thoughts out of my head. They dictate my life.”

Ayfer Bektas was Kakaire’s first victim. He attacked her on Aberdeen Road, Edmonton, on Saturday, March 30th 2019 at around 7pm. He walked past her before running back towards her and stabbing her in the back. After that attack, Kakaire spent the next few hours walking the streets and shopping in Tesco on Fore Street before returning to his flat.

His second victim, a man in his 50s, left Pymmes Park in Edmonton and walked into Park Avenue at around 11.50pm the same day. He was pursued by Kakaire who stabbed him once in the lower back before running away from the scene. The victim approached a nearby house where the occupants called the emergency services. He was taken to hospital and found to have suffered a vertebrae fracture.

Around three hours later, at about 3.15am on Sunday, 31 March, Kakaire again made his way to Fore Street where he approached a man in his 20s and stabbed him. The victim managed to make his way to Seven Sisters station to seek help and was taken to hospital. He was found to have suffered significant internal bleeding.

At around 9:45am, the fourth victim – a man in his 20s – noticed he was being followed by a man as he walked down Lansfield Avenue. He quickened his pace but Kakaire continued to chase him and stabbed him in the back. The knife had penetrated his lungs and caused damage to his diaphragm and liver.

Police said that ‘despite extensive enquiries to identify and locate the suspect, Kakaire remained at large,’ and on Tuesday, April 2nd, he carried out his fifth attack. A man in his 30s, left his home at around 5:00am to buy some medication for his child and he was followed into Fairfield Road. He was stabbed from behind, causing a collapsed lung and further organ damage.

An impact statement from the victim in his 20s, was also read out in court, and he said: “I am scared to meet with people ever since this attack. I do not go out of my house much, as I am fearful that I will suffer another similar attack. I have a big problem with sleeping. I do not sleep for more than 30 or 40 minutes. I have nightmares.

“I forget quite a lot of things. My memory has been affected very badly after the assault. I have become someone who is scared of his own shadow when I go out.”

Detective Chief Inspector Chris Soole, who led the investigation, said: “These five random attacks were completely unprovoked and caused significant harm to each and every victim. “The force used was brutal and it is only by sheer luck that all five victims survived.”

 

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin #globalnetpictures #GlobalNet_Pics #JasonKakaire #randomattacks #Rampton #hospitalorder #Edmonton #AyferBektas #OldBailey

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here