Keeley Bunker’s killer Wesley Streete told he must serve at least 29 years for her rape and murder

Enterprise News and Pictures 5/8/20 Pic shows: Wesley Streete, 20, who was found guilty today at Stafford Crown Court of the rape and murder of Keeley Bunker, 20, who vanished on her way home from a rap concert in Birmingham, and was found dead in a stream in Tamworth, Stafffordshire, by a member of her family. He was also found guilty of a further two counts of rape and three counts of sexual assault in relation to three other incidents in 2015, 2017 and 2019. Streete will be sentenced on Friday 7 August at Stafford Crown Court. Keeley's body was found shortly after 9pm on Thursday September 19 2019. Keeley's mum Debbie Watkins had launched an appeal on Facebook to help find her when she failed to return home from watching Brit rapper Aitch at a gig in Birmingham. She wrote: "Hello has anybody seen Keeley Bunker since early hours of this morning? Please really worried. She went to a concert but hasn’t been seen since she walked home in leyfields abt half 4 this morning." A relative discovered her body in Wigginton Park close to where she was last seen. Keeley was returning home from the rap gig with a friend when she vanished. Wesley Streete is pictured here on his "open" Facebook page where he is listed as one of the Facebook friends of his victim, Keeley Bunker and where he also describes himself as a footballer - "a striker at Chelsea Football club". See story...

Wesley Streete, 20, was told he must serve a minimum of 29 years as he was jailed for life for raping and murdering his ‘friend’ Keeley Bunker.

Streete raped Keeley and dumped her body in a brook in Wigginton Park, Tamworth, in September 2019, hiding her under branches. She had earlier been to a concert to celebrate turning 20 and “trusted” the killer to walk her home.

CCTV of Keeley Bunker entering Snobs nightclub prior to her murder

The former warehouse packer was also found guilty of two other counts of rape and three counts of sexual assault against three other victims at Stafford Crown Court..

Streete repeatedly lied about what had happened to Keeley after they returned to Tamworth following a night out at Snobs nightclub in Birmingham.

Mobile phone footage of Wesley Streete, 20, in Snobs nightclub prior to raping and murdering Keeley Bunker

Sentencing Streete, Mr Justice Jeremy Baker said the killer formed a “carefully crafted” scheme of falsehoods following his crime, tailored to fit the evidence.

Before leaving to go home Keeley told a female pal: “I’ve got Wes, he’ll walk me back. It’ll be fine.” But this could not have been further from the truth.

Keeley Bunker dancing in Snobs nightclub, prior to her murder

Keeley’s uncle, Jason Brown, found her partially-submerged body during a massive search effort involving family, friends and police.

Police bodycam footage of Wesley Streete in the back of a police car as an officer asks him to hand over his mobile phone

Streete told police he had left her to walk home alone as he was driven around in the back of a marked police car, retracing the route with officers and pointing out where they parted.

He was to change his account at least four times before his case came to trial, and in court said he had accidentally killed her during sex.

CCTV of the movements of Wesley Streete and Keeley Bunker dancing with her killer at Snobs nightclub

The judge told Streete he had repeatedly lied about what had happened to Keeley after they returned to Tamworth following a night out at the nightclub.

He said he was “satisfied you persuaded Keeley to divert to the rugby club, probably on the pretext of going for a smoke”.

Police bodycam footage of Wesley Streete in the back of a police car as he is told he is now being arrested for the murder of Keeley Bunker

“What took place in Wigginton Park is you proceeded to rape Keeley Bunker, in the course of which you murdered her by throttling her, in all probability by placing her in a choke-hold for sufficient period of time to kill her”.

A choke-hold that lasted “minutes, rather than seconds”.

“When you had finished with her you decided to hide Keeley’s now lifeless body by depositing it in the brook, covering it up with branches. You then walked back to your home, went to bed and slept.”

The judge said Keeley, who planned to be a classroom assistant, had not only “lost the opportunity of fulfilling her life ambition, helping to educate young children,” but her family had “lost the company of their beloved daughter, sister and niece”.

Keeley Bunker

He told Streete the starting point for his sentence would be a minimum of 30 years, but reduced the tariff to 29 years and 46 days, to allow for time already served.

“You may never be released,” the judge said, “as that will only occur if and when the Parole Board is satisfied it is no longer necessary for the protection of the public that you should be confined. Even if you are released, you will remain on licence and subject to recall for life.”

Wesley Streete in custody

Following sentencing, senior case officer, Det Insp Cheryl Hannan, said: “This devious and manipulative character, someone who repeatedly lied and targeted young women, is now behind bars and I am grateful to every single person who helped us reach this conclusion.

“I welcome the outcome of this week’s conviction and today’s sentencing and hope it will bring some comfort to Keeley’s friends and family.”

Media can obtain case images, videos and photos below when logged in

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Linkedin #globalnetpictures #GlobalNet_Pics #KeeleyBunker #WesleyStreete #StaffordCrownCourt #murder #rape #Tamworth #Snobsnightclub #Birmingham #jailedforlife #minimumterm


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here